Jams, marmalades and compotes are a fantastic way of preserving your soft fruit harvest. Serve up the taste of summer all year long.
Le Parfait Jam Jars are natural, fully recyclable, resistant, waterproof, and flavour-tight. Glass is the healthiest container and the best way to preserve the flavour of your creations.
Beautiful jars with 'Home-made' logo lids, these jars also make a fantastic feauture at parties. Decorative and practical the jars can be used to serve jams, sauces and even cocktails. Re-create your favourite cocktail and serve to all your friends and family in these tradtional french jars. Very on trend and guaranteed to wow your guests.
For more ideas visit our Pinterest board ...... http://uk.pinterest.com/LeParfait1/cocktails/
At Le Parfait Online we only sell Le Parfait products and customer service is our passion.
If you would like further information before you order then please call us, and you will speak directly to one of our experienced team .
Please call: 01924 666802 Office hours Monday – Friday 9am – 4.30pm
|Le Parfait Jam Jars
|Size (ml)||Diameter (mm)||Height (mm)||Weight (gms)|
- Clean the jam jars and lids thoroughly with hot water and a disinfectant or detergent, or add a tablespoon of bleach per litre of water. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and let air dry. Do not wipe the inside.
- Why not pick some fruits in the garden? Or you can also buy very good ones at the market or the greengrocer.
Clean the fruits with warm water. Discard the mushy ones, stalks, stones, and cut into chunks if necessary.
- In a stock pot, add the sugar.
Weigh the fruits and the sugar according to the proportions specified in the recipe.
Mix in the stock pot.
- Put on a high heat and respect the cooking time. Depending on the fruits, the result wanted, the type of sugar, the use of pectin or not, cooking times may differ quite a lot.
- Here is how to test the thickness of your jam. Pour a tablespoon of boiling jam on a cold plate, then incline the plate : the jam should flow smoothly without being too runny .
- Finally, skim the jam and fill immediately in the Le Parfait Jam jars. Screw on the lids until perfectly closed and turn upside-down immediately. The result is called self-pasteurization.
Always use new lids.
If you are using jam pots (without lids) cover them when they are still hot with cellophane discs or when it is cold (12 to 24 hours after cooking) with paraffin. In both cases, carefully follow the supplier guidance.
- Be the first to review this product